--------------
There is lots going on amidst our transition. We send out e-mail updates regularly. If you are interested in receiving them, drop us a note at jeff.stanfield@wgm.org and we will add you to our list

16 September, 2012

In His Presence . . . .


Over the last month or so God has been bringing to my mind a recurring theme.    With so many transitions in our lives right now, this theme has been a tremendous blessing and challenge to me.  In the midst of these transitions, when everything has changed, God is reminding me that He doesn’t change, and all I need is to daily live in His presence.
What does it mean for me to live in His presencei?   What does it look like to live in His presence?       

This morning while listening to a podcast,  the pastor speaking closed his sermon by quoting from a hand written note found in the office of a young pastor in Zimbabwe, Africa, following his  martyrdom for his faith in Jesus Christ.  I had heard this before, but today in the context of what it means to live in God’s presence,  I sensed God using this in a new way to help me better understand what it means to live in God’s presence.   What does it look like to be in God's presence? 

"I have the Holy Spirit Power. The die has been cast. I have stepped over the line. 
The decision has been made. I am a disciple of Jesus Christ. I won't look back, 
let up, slow down, back away, or be still. My past is redeemed, my present makes 
sense, and my future is secure.  I am finished and done with low living, sight walking, 
small planning, smooth knees, colorless dreams, tame visions,mundane talking, 
chintzy giving, and dwarfed goals.


I no longer need preeminence, prosperity, position, promotions, plaudits, or popularity. 
I don't have to be right, 
first, tops, recognized, praised, regarded or rewarded. I now live 

by presence, learn by faith, love by patience, 
lift by prayer and labor by power.



My pace is set, my gait is fast, my goal is Heaven, my road is narrow, my way is rough, 
my companions few, 
my Guide is reliable, my mission is clear. I cannot be bought, 

compromised, deterred, lured away, turned back, 
diluted, or delayed. I will not flinch in the 

face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of adversity, negotiate at the 
table of the enemy, 

ponder at the pool of popularity, or meander in the maze of mediocrity.

I won't give up, back up, let up, or shut up until I've preached up, prayed up, paid up, 
stored up, and stayed up for the cause of Christ. I am a disciple of Jesus Christ. I must 
go until He returns, give until I drop, preach until  all know, and work until He comes.

And when He comes to get His own, He will have no problem recognizing me.  
My colors will be clear."


This pastor knew what it took to live in God’s presence and he lived it out!   For me the answer to what it means to live in God's presence is a bit clearer today.   My desire, as was this young pastor’s desire , is to live and serve in God’s presence.  ---  Jeff   

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you Jeff for these reminders....many of them. I can just see the group of people listening to this verbally, being preached, and the power of the Holy Spirit in the room. You and Christine DO have the Holy Spirits power...it is God that works in and through you!

Have a blessed day, in ways you can hardly describe!
Nancy